One of the hottest anticipated events of any doll calendar is the Integrity Toys annual convention. The announcment and registration process always takes place in spring. It finally arrived: W Club members have May 2nd to register, while, if there are any places left, the general public can register on May 3rd. Let's check out what is happening:
This year's theme is the supermodels. And of course, it means the original, 90s ladies, not the lesser clones of later years and the unworthy carrying the title lately. The supermodels of that era were known to everyone by their first name, they were truly beloved and admired, they were the true stars of the era, they were on magazine covers instead of actors and celebrities. This year's convention is all about celebrating some of the most glamorous ladies to ever live and every Integrity Toys doll line offered at the convention will be inspired by these fashion icons! Here's a list of what the 2016 SUPERMODEL Convention Pass offers:
For the price of $500.00 US (or $475 if you take advantage of the early bird special), you'll get:
- A welcome bag with a very special give-away right when you arrive (usually a doll or an outfit).
- Two full sit down dinners and a luncheon with highly sought-after swag (i.e. dolls) given out at each event.
- Opportunity to participate in the "Fashion Bazaar", a sales-room for collectors to sell and swap their own goodies (and just like last year, renting a table is FREE and opened to all registered convention guests). Also, at the "Fashion Bazaar", guests can enter our annual costume contest and party with IT staff.
- Access to the Integrity Toys Collection display, where you get to see all of those cool dolls in person; this year's display will feature a short trip down memory lane with an exhibit covering some of the highlights of the years of Integrity Toys in business.
- Access to the IT Direct Souvenir shop, where you can scoop up all of those special and limited edition Integrity Toys convention exclusive collectibles and other great deals, just for convention attendees.
- The opportunity to take part in exciting and unique workshops.
- The opportunity to purchase the exclusive convention collection.
- The opportunity to purchase the ever popular Color Infusion Style Lab collection.
- For W Club Members only, the opportunity to sign-up for the Members-Only luncheon.
- Exciting raffles with one-of-a-kind dolls created just for the event by the Integrity Toys design team.
- For people with budding design talents, the chance to enter the annual design contest, where this year again, one winner will see their original design turned into an IT production doll.
This year's convention hotel is the Chicago Airport hotel with cutting-edge design, innovative spaces and stylish guest rooms and suites. Experience the convenience of staying near O'Hare Airport, down-town Chicago and exciting shopping destinations while at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. Hyatt Regency O'Hare has an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travellers. The hotel has large, open meeting spaces, featuring state-of-the-art technology and relaxing areas where you will enjoy spending time with your friends. Of course there is a special convention hotel rate of $174.00 + tax/night (single and double occupancy only)* for your stay with them during the convention. This rate is available starting Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 (check-in) until Sunday, October 16th, 2016 (check-out). As usual, a limited number of rooms are also available for those of you that would like to extend your stay for the days before and after the convention. Please note that IT and the W Club Liaisons will not be involved in this and you will need to contact the hotel yourself for the extended stay options and make these arrangements directly with the hotel's reservation desk.
This year again, Integrity Toys will be releasing the full registration package containing all of the glamorous details of the convention, including more details on themes and activities of the convention in a few months This is done to give everyone a chance to be around when the registration package is released, since the sign-up for many of the activities will be limited and will be offered on a first come, first served basis to those who will have already registered for the convention when the registration package is released. The exact time and date of the registration package being posted will be sent out to conventioneers a few days ahead, so that they can be prepared when this most awaited moment happens.
This year again, Integrity Toys is offering multiple options to register for the event and the earlier you sign up, the earlier you will gain access to the IT Direct Souvenir Shop at the convention itself. No matter if you chose to sign up using the early bird special or the instalment plan, the earlier you sign up, the better your queue number will be for the wait lines. Last year, the convention sold out in less than 48 hours; if you are planning on attending the event, do not delay registering when the link goes live on Monday, May 2nd, 2016 at 6:00PM (for W Club members) or Tuesday May 3rd for the general public. Convention registration is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and spots cannot be reserved for anyone.
Here are the two options available this year to purchase your registration package:
Early Bird Special:
$475.00 US (payable in full immediately at registration)
If you pay in full IN ONE COMPLETE PAYMENT before May, 13th 2016 at Noon Eastern (New York time), you save $25.00! If the convention is not sold out after this date, the full price of registration will be $500.00 US.
$500.00 US (payable in three installments)
To help guests budget for their trip a little better, this year again, an instalment plan is offered. The first instalment of $150.00 US is due immediately at registration to secure your convention pass(es) and then, you will be invoiced via email for the balance in two additional instalments of $175.00 each on approximately May 24th and June 24th, 2016 respectively.
- Children under the age of 10 will not be admitted.
- Convention registration is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and we cannot reserve spots for anyone.
- No absentee packages available.
- No proxies are accepted and Integrity Toys will only acknowledge one registrant per registration pass. The convention team will only speak directly with the guests who are registered to actually attend the convention in person. As always, you are more than welcome to make your own arrangements to purchase someone's convention goodies before or after the fact, but Integrity Toys will not deal with third parties who are not physically in attendance at the convention. This includes (but is not limited to) purchasing a pass for someone else when you yourself are not attending, pre-ordering the convention collection unless you are registered and attending, etc. If you find someone to attend on your behalf, please make sure that you both understand that they are the ones who will have to purchase the convention registration or any other items offered during the event in their own name and then, ship them to you afterwards. Any arrangements that you make with this person will be strictly between you and him/her and Integrity Toys will no longer recognize or deal with anyone else other than the guests actually present in person at the convention and whose sole name appears on the ticket.
- The Fashion Bazaar is an event started in the fall of 2014, which was a huge success with attendees. Guests are encouraged to come wearing their best disguise, as there will be a costume party and an actual sales room where guests will be allowed to bring down Integrity Toys goodies to sell in the ballroom (more details about this will be in the upcoming registration package).
- You can make a vacation of this convention and bring yout family. One the reasons behind the creation of the "Fashion Bazaar" was to have a more "optional" event that would give guests some free time so that they could go explore if they wished on Friday night. Please note, however, that this convention is geared towards adult collectors and children below 10 years old are not allowed. Only fully registered guests will be allowed to attend the various functions and gain access to the IT Direct Store and Style Lab. While your family members are more than welcome to stay with you at the convention hotel, please note that if you would like your family members to actually attend the convention functions, they will need to be fully registered.
- If you want to get early access to the Souvenir Shop, you should buy your registration package as soon as possible, since the date/time stamp of your paid invoice will determine your wait line priority number at the event.
- In order to give a chance to a maximum number of guests to purchase their convention passes first, Integrity Toys will release the registration package within the next few months. If you are planning on submitting an application to be a table host, you may start to find your table mates immediately. When the time comes, you'll be prepared to send Alain Trembley your complete table list. There's no need to contact him about it ahead of time. Having a complete table of guests will not guarantee you a position as a table host.
- There will not be a JEM-specific event or souvenir available at the convention. There will be Color Infusion products featured in our Style Lab, which also share a body with JEM.
- Budget concerns: typically, registration package included, it is a good idea to set aside a minimum of $2000 to $3000 US to have a comfortable and worry free time at the convention.
- Transfers and cancellations will be accepted up to 60 days before the start of the convention, therefore until August 12th, 2016. A fee of $75.00 US for transfers or cancellations per convention pass will be applicable. After August 12th, 2016, no refunds or transfers will be accepted and you will forfeit the price of your ticket if you choose not to attend the event. This is not negotiable and out of fairness to everyone, no exceptions will be made.
- Integrity Toys will not accept last minute requests to have table hosts pick up goodies on your behalf. Souvenirs are counted and table hosts will be instructed to bring back any souvenirs that are not spoken for. If you are not present in person, you forfeit your convention pass and there will be no refunds issued or souvenirs sent after the convention.
So what do you think about this year's theme? How will the well established characters of Integrity Toys lines transform into 90s supermodels? Which character will be Linda? Christy? Naomi?